This website is set up by Bulloch Harbour Preservation Association. The association is a voluntary group comprising harbour users and local people, and was established in May 2016 at a public meeting attended by about 80 people in St Patrick’s Hall, Dalkey. The objectives of the association are:
- To ensure that Bulloch Harbour and its environs are kept tidy, free from litter and in good condition and preserve it as a special public amenity.
- To ensure that any development which takes place in the harbour or its environs is in keeping with the special nature of the harbour and should respect the scale of existing architecture in the harbour and its environs.
- To ensure that the views and perspectives of nearby residents are taken into account when considering any development proposals.
- To arrange annual subscriptions in order to achieve the above objectives and to maintain a list of subscribers.
Members of the BHPA committee and planning subcommittee are local people: harbour users and boat owners, residents, community groups, Dalkey Community Council and Tidy Towns. They include:
- Flor O’Mahony
- Susan McDonnell
- PJ Drudy (Secretary)
- Siobhan Gill (Treasurer)
- Brian Meyer (publicity)
- Catherine Lawless
- Danielle Byrne (Facebook and website)
- Finn O’Neill
- Frank Dillon (Tidy Towns and port liaison)
- Maura Lee West (press liaison)
- Michael O’Sullivan
Financial donations are most welcome to support our work on the harbour and on the planning application campaign. You can donate to our bank account – details below. Many thanks.
Bank: AIB, 29 Castle Street Dalkey.
Account name: Bullock Harbour Preservation Association.
IBAN: IE14 AIBK 9335 3816 3710 18